Here are a few helpful hints for your travels. Please use the contact form below if you want to submit any of your own ideas!
Top travel tips for any occasion
- have enough snacks and water with you to last the journey and any delays!
- have a clear plan of your journey to schedule nappy changes/ toilet breaks
- When you pack make sure you know what you may need and where it is – no point in having all the snacks in the boot of the car when you are on the M1!
- have a list of activities that you can do when the children start to get bored. With the older ones, perhaps a camera and a notepad so keep a journal of their trip?
- involve the children on the adventure in the lead up, packing and travel so there is always something to look forward to
- if travelling with very small ones, consider travelling at night when they will be sleeping (especially if by car)
Travel with medical supplies e.g. paracetemol, plasters, cold compress
Must have products
- Suncream, hat and sunglasses
- UV stroller cover
- Layers of clothing
- Travel highchair
- Travel moses basket/ cot or toddler beds
- Snack pots / water cups and perhaps cutlery
Two of the best sites on the internet who specialise in family travel accommodation are:
There’s no need to compromise on luxury holidays because you have children. We handpick our holidays based on the needs of both parents and little ones, taking care of every detail.
Tots Tweets from the mums in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK and the Canaries who hand-pick & inspect our child-friendly holiday accommodation
To submit your recommendations please complete this form
Travelling with little ones is tiring enough without having the constant drain of wondering what to do and how to do it best.
Take some of the stress away by following these family travel bloggers who we follow too!
Very Useful Bloggers
- Mini Travellers @minitravellers
- My Travel Monkey @my_travelmonkey
- Cath Winston @Mummy Travels
- Mums Do Travel @grettaschifano
- Jetlag & Mayhem @JetlagandMayhem
- GlobeTotting @globetotting
- Baby Routes @babyroutes
- The Vacation Gals @TheVacationGals
- Family Travel Times @sarahjebner
- Jet with Kids @JetWithAnya
- The Talking Suitcase @suitcasetalks
- Family Road Tripping @FamilyRoadTripn